$15,000 in Prizes at Grapplers Quest Saturday, September 22nd in Boston, Massachusetts
Video Highlights and Superfights from our LAST event in Boston at UFC Fan Expo:
$15,000 in Prizes at Grapplers Quest Saturday in Boston
All Women 18+ Compete Free Sponsored Gaspari plus Black Belt & No-Gi Pro Cash Divisions
BOSTON, MA (September 22, 2012) - Grapplers Quest® is proud to announce the 2012 New England Grappling Championships, sponsored by Gaspari Nutrition®, Zebra Mats and TapouT, on Saturday, September 22nd at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center (located at 1350 Tremont Street) in Boston, Massachusetts will feature $15,000 in Cash and Prizes. The featured showcase divisions include the $500 Gaspari No-Gi Pro Challenge (Advanced Open Weight Absolute Division, open to all competitors) and $500 Super Body Care BJJ Black Belt Open both of which will expect several World CBJJ and ADCC Pro and Abu Dhabi World Champions to enter for the cash prizes. Saturday's event begins at 10:00 a.m. / ET (doors open at 8:00 AM). Discounted spectator tickets, details, schedule and Fighter Registration are available online at http://GrapplersQuest.com and All Women (18+) can compete for Free in a new program launched by mega-grappling sponsor, Rich Gaspari and Grapplers Quest CEO and Founder, Brian Cimins to help explode the growth rate of females in the ground fighting sports.
AWARDS: All Children and Teen's Champions who win Gold in BOTH No-Gi and BJJ Divisions will be awarded a Championship Belt plus All Men's and Women's Advanced No-Gi Division Champions will be awarded Championship Belts and All Absolute Divisions will be awarded custom made Gladiator Swords, in addition to the largest medallions in the sport of grappling, sponsored by Gaspari Nutrition, Zebra Mats and TapouT, plus a full color Champion "2012 New England Grappling Champion" Certificate.
Grapplers Quest's massive event growth, especially in the Youth Grappling, has expanded Children and Teen Divisions to include Beginner (less than 9 months training), Intermediate (9-18 months of training) and Advanced (18 months or more of training) skill levels to allow for fairer matches. In 2010, Grapplers Quest added age categories for Grappling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to include Under 6 years, 7-9 years, 10-12 years and Teens separately into two groups, as well 13-15 years and 16-17 years, plus any divisions that have two or more girls will branch out and become a Bonus division to allow female athletes extra matches as well.
"The UFC Fan Expo in Boston back in 2010 was a MONSTER - we are expecting Saturday's show to easily break records in New England for attendance in competitors and spectators and with $15,000 in Cash and Prizes and 100% of women competing for free sponsored by Gaspari - it's going to be the Godzilla of Grappling Tournaments and we're ready," commented Grapplers Quest owner Brian Cimins.
● All Men and Women No-Gi Advanced No-Gi Weight Classes (5 inch Custom Medallions for 1st-3rd Place for All other Divisions)
● $3,000 Prize Package Value for No-Gi Men's Advanced Absolute: $500 cash Absolute plus Compete Free for Life
● $3,000 Prize Package Value for BJJ Black Belt Men's Absolute: $500 cash Absolute plus Compete Free for Life
● $2,750 Prize Package Value for No-Gi Women's No-Gi Advanced Absolute: $250 cash plus plus Compete Free for Life
● $2,750 Prize Package Value for No-Gi Men's Intermediate Absolute: $250 cash plus Compete Free for Life
● $2,650 Prize Package Value for No-Gi Men's Beginner Absolute: $150 cash plus Compete Free for Life
● $2,600 Prize Package Value for No-Gi Men's Novice Absolute: $100 cash plus Compete Free for Life
Discount Competitor registration starting at just $79 (savings end Wednesday, September 12) includes:
● Free MMA Seminar Saturday, September 15 from 10:00-11:00 a.m. / ET - $100.00 value)
● Free Grapplers Quest T-Shirt by TapouT ($35.00 - pre-registered only)
● $11.00 off at-the-door pricing
● $1.00 donated to http://AutismRadio.org per Pre-Registered Competitor
- Fighter Registration and tickets will also be available at the door (all major credit cards are accepted). Doors open Friday, September 21st from 5-8 PM for Night-Before Weigh-Ins and Registration and again on Saturday morning, September 22nd at 8:00 AM.
Media Relations, Grapplers Quest